Brandeis has obtained a site license for Mathematica
for Windows, Mac OS X, and linux.
Some of the content below has been copied from original versions at http://lts.brandeis.edu/techresources/hwsoftware/software/mathematica.html
Under the terms of our License agreement:
- University Owned Public Machines (computer clusters, science labs, computer classrooms): We can install unlimited copies
- Faculty office machines (University Owned): we can install unlimited copies
- Faculty members and Post-docs involved in academic university related work can go to the Wolfram website to get a copy for home use covered under our site license, free of charge.
Undergrads and grad students personal computers: student licenses are available for purchase from the wolfram website.
- Note that Mathematica is available in all of the campus Computer Classroom and Clusters. For details, visit:
For more information, help, or details on acquiring a home license, please contact the Help Desk
or use the mathematica-users
- see Installing Mathematica 8 instructions for the latest version
Help and Troubleshooting
Learning to use
lots of places to try, including the mathematica website and many books on mathematica you can access on-line, some of them tailored at specific subject areas
There is a local mathematica-users
mailing list. To subscribe:
- Click on the following link: https://lists.brandeis.edu/wws/subrequest/mathematica-users
- Brandeis community members: enter your UNet ID in the email address field, hit submit, and enter your UNet password in the subsequent password field.
- Off-campus users: enter your email address in the email address field and hit submit.
Client license file
Step by step on ubuntu
tar xzvf Mathematica603Linux.tar.gz
echo '!mathlm.brandeis.edu' > /usr/local/Wolfram/Mathematica/6.0/Configuration/Licensing/mathpass
apt-get install libstdc++5
- 3 Mar 2008 (linux instructions from SaraKunz
) (updated 3 Sep 2013)
Topic revision: r24 - 2013-09-03 - 13:02:44 - KarelSF